Friday, September 9, 2011

Blackout!

I know this isn't our area of expertise (by that, I mean we don't do much real world news, mainly internet news) But it's important to us because Jaxun and I have been in a blackout in San Diego since yesterday. I'm already with power because I'm on the same power grid as the fire dept. two doors down. Anyways, It happened about 3:30 yesterday (which is when our school gets out) and the whole town of San Diego all the way to parts of Baja California and New Mexico (yes, that far) were also in gridlock. The cause of this is that a power station (I forget the exact name) located in Arizona had the lines severed (by severed, I mean the power was cut, not the line) between the North and East, cutting our power. I first discovered this when I passed the first intersection on the bus and there were no stop lights working. Then there was triple traffic on the street I was on (regular traffic is hard enough, but this was far worse) and my brother called me and told me what happened. Then I was stuck at the trolley station because no trolleys were running and my brother picked me up. Then I (like most) had to spend the night in total darkness with candles. I hope Jaxun's power comes on soon, same for the rest of San Diego. Blackouts suck.

Written by Hunter

*UPDATE* Turns out I wasn't the only one with power. I, and the rest of SD was with power when I wrote this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment